Python Script Cannot Write to Directory

News123 news1234 at free.fr
Thu Aug 5 03:49:20 EDT 2010

On 08/04/2010 09:27 AM, Chris Rebert wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 12:21 AM, News123 <news1234 at free.fr> wrote:
> <snip>
>> 3.) try following python
>>
>> import os
>> print os.getcwd()
>> import shutil
>> shutil("YOUR_SOURCE_FILE_NAME","DESTINATION_DIRECTORY/DSTNTN_FILE_NAME")
>
> WTF; modules aren't callable. Typo?

Indeed. This is a typo and Matteo Landi's right about what I meant:
shutil.copyfile("YOUR_SOURCE_FILE_NAME","DESTINATION_DIRECTORY/DSTNTN_FILE_NAME")

What remains is:

I think the answers to my questions will help to reveal the cause of the
problem.

The original question lacks necessary information
as file permissions / directory permissions etc. / the exact error message.