new to python - trouble calling a function from another function

Tommy Grav tgrav at me.com
Thu Aug 5 11:40:07 EDT 2010

On Aug 5, 2010, at 11:20 AM, Brandon McCombs wrote:
> so I missed a few lines, so sue me.

The problem is that when you don't post a self contained example
there is no proper way to answer your question, since the problem
could be outside the part you posted.

> already aware. I reformatted tabs to reduce the line wrap so it was easier for readers to read it.

Never format code after you copy-paste it to your browser. This
may change the behavior of your example making it impossible for
people to help you.

> either one of those should still execute self.goUp(). I'm not getting anything though no matter where I place the function call.

Like someone said before. Try to create the smallest subset of your code
that shows this behavior and copy-paste it to the list and people will
try to help. Right now there is no clear answer from what you posted.

Tommy