easy question on parsing python: "is not None"

Vito 'ZeD' De Tullio zak.mc.kraken at libero.it
Fri Aug 6 07:12:44 EDT 2010

Richard D. Moores wrote:

> So there would be a different implementation
for each operating
> system? One for Windows, one for linux? Or one for
Vista and one for
> XP?  I'm just trying to clarify what is meant by
"implementation".

there are dozillions of "implementation" of python: one
for each release of CPython (2.0, 2.1.2, 2.6.1, 3.x.y...), multiplied for
each OS multiplied for IronPython, Jython, Pypy... etc...

(obviously the
"implementation details" between, say, CPython 2.6.1 and 2.6.2 are really
minor vs Pypy X.Y.Z and IronPython A.B.C)

--
By ZeD