new to python - trouble calling a function from another function

Michael Torrie torriem at
Sat Aug 7 08:10:05 CEST 2010

On 08/05/2010 01:25 AM, Brandon McCombs wrote:
> How can that be? I don't get any errors when the script
> executes. Surely this isn't some limitation I'm encountering?
> <snipped code>
> 		yield (p.destination - self.currenteFloor) * TRAVELTIME, self
To be succinct, goUp() is apparently a generator function.  "yield"
means the function needs to be iterated over; calling it just sets up
the generator and returns a generator object.  So yeah your goUp() call
will appear (and actually does) do nothing at all.