Python Portability

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Aug 7 19:45:46 EDT 2010

> To add to the msg I just sent to M. Torrie. We are given the msi
> programs for Python, PIL,matplotlib, and numpy. The question of how to
> uninstall and re-install a different version remains.

I'd claim that this is not the real question. The real question is,
instead: "What specific error did you get when adding a single minus
sign to the program?"

Please try answering that question also.

> The answer is?

I'm not sure I understand the question. What do you mean by "given"?
Perhaps "already downloaded locally"?

If so, the obvious answer is "Go to Add-Remove-Programs. Uninstall.
Then double-click the MSI files." If that is not a good answer:
why not?

If you want that automated: write a batch file, invoking "msiexec"
as necessary.

Regards,
Martin