Image histogram

Gary Herron gherron at islandtraining.com
Mon Aug 9 19:56:38 EDT 2010

On 08/09/2010 04:27 PM, Anahita Yazdi wrote:
> Hi,
> I was just wondering how would I be able to get some extra help
> regarding editing an image's histogram using python's module? I have
> modified a histogram of an image however I dont know how to apply the
> new histogram to the image and basically reload the image based on its
> new modified histogram instead of its own histogram? In the other
> words how should I make changes on an image's histogram in a way that
> the image recognizes the new histogram and gets changed? I need to
> somehow introduce a LUT for the image and use ".point(table)" function
> to reload the image however I am not sure how to make the right LUT
> from a modified histogram!
> Thanks for the help in advance,
> Anahita

This is a Python newsgroup, not an image processing news group.

If you are asking for an algorithm to modify an image -- then you are on
the wrong list, and you'd be better off asking on some image processing
news group.

If, on the other hand, you have an image processing algorithm in mind,
then tell us about the algorithm, and we'll discuss how to implement it
in Python.

Gary Herron