GUI automation tool (windows)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Aug 10 23:45:24 EDT 2010

Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.new_zealand> writes:

> Alex Barna wrote:
>
> > On Aug 10, 10:05 am, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
> >
> >> Can’t understand the point to it. “GUI automation” is a
> >> contradiction in terms, because a GUI is designed for use by humans
> >> to do manual tasks, not ones that can be automated.
> >
> > Automating GUI is for testing.
>
> But the most egregious GUI problems are going to be with humans being
> unable to figure out how to do something, am I right?

You asked to understand the point of GUI automation. Alex responded with
one (there may well be others) very good point of GUI automation:
automated testing of the GUI's behaviour. What you raise here is not the
point of GUI automation.

Is you understanding of the point of GUI automation improved?

--
 \         “I turned to speak to God/About the world's despair; But to |
  `\   make bad matters worse/I found God wasn't there.” —Robert Frost |