Python CGI windows

Thomas Jollans thomas at jollans.com
Fri Aug 13 13:34:57 EDT 2010

On 2010-08-13 12:40, Srikanth N wrote:
> *1. How do we execute CGI Scripts in Windows?
> *
You'll need a web server.

> *2. How do i configure the Server?(If i use WAMP,XAMPP)
> *
For CGI, you just need your server configured for CGI, nothing
Python-specific. It would surprise me if XAMPP didn't set up a working
cgi-bin for your programming pleasure anyway.

> *3. Is mod_python required for python cgi?
> *
No. mod_python is a completely different approach to running Python from
the web. Don't use it, it's dead. If you want something similar, use
mod_wsgi.
**
Come to think of it, you should probably look into WSGI anyway -- you
can run WSGI scripts via CGI for the time being, that's simple enough,
and switch to something else for production, or for serious development,
later on.

> Someone Please revert back to me with the solution for the same.I
> would be at-most thankful

This line is fascinating,