how to make portable distribution of python 2.6?

zaur szport at
Fri Aug 13 20:23:59 CEST 2010

On 13 авг, 21:28, Thomas Jollans <tho... at> wrote:
> On 2010-08-13 19:00, zaur wrote:> All greetings!
> > How to make portable distribution of python 2.6?
> I don't know, but what you're looking for probably already exists.
> Do you mean "portable" as in portable, i.e. "take this and build it for
> your system, it should work if your OS is supported"? Then you can get
> source tarballs from
> Or do you understand "portable" the way that is fashionable in the
> Windows world nowadays for some reason, i.e. "look, Ma, already
> installed if you happen to use Microsoft Windows of roughly the right
> version!"
> Then exactly where Google would have
> lead you had you searched.

I want to realize howto build my own portable python in order to use
them without installation.
I want also to be able install modules (numpy, matplotlib, pyqt,
etc...) when it is necessary.
This very usefull for teaching python in computer classes.