Help to convert Number to String

Vamsi vamsikrishna.bandlamudi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 22:43:38 EDT 2010

On Aug 13, 7:27 pm, Stefan Schwarzer <sschwar... at sschwarzer.net>
wrote:
> Hi Vamsi,
>
> On 2010-08-13 22:50, Vamsi wrote:
>
> > I am trying to count the number of lines in a file and insert  into
> > the file but getting the error message "TypeError: must be string or
> > read-only character buffer, not int", Could you please help me how to
> > correct this?
>
> Which Python version do you use?
>
> For which statement exactly do you get the message?
>
> > here is the code
>
> > lines1 = sum(1 for line in open('C:/test1.txt'))
> > wfile = open('C:/test1.txt'', 'a')
>
> You have two quotes here after the filename. These give a
> SyntaxError here. Python sees two concatenated strings,
> "C:/test1.txt" and ", " and stumbles over the a immediately
> after the closing quote of the second string.
>
> > wfile.write(str(lines1).zfill(9))
> > wfile.close()
>
> If I remove the redundant quote character and substitute
> filenames appropriate for my system, everything works.
>
> Maybe the code you included in this post isn't the same
> which led to the error?
>
> Stefan

Thank you Stefan,I pasted only part of the code.I am new to Python and
using 2.7.My actual code is as below, If I run the below code I am
getting the error "TypeError: 'str' object is not callable" ,Now I
found that I am using the "str" variable which is  a function.Thanks a
lot for your help.

fileopen = open('C:/MPython/test.txt', 'r')
str = fileopen.read()
print str
fileopen.close()
lines1 = sum(1 for line in open('C:/MPython/test.txt'))
wfile = open('C:/MPython/test.txt', 'a')
wfile.write("\n")