how to make portable distribution of python 2.6?

Perica Zivkovic perica.zivkovic at gmail.com
Sat Aug 14 03:35:39 EDT 2010

Hi there,

numpy, matplotlib are already parts of Portable Python, PyQt is coming
in one of the next versions. Creating it is not so difficult, it is
basically repackaging of the python core and the required modules.
Tricky part is keeping it portable as big part of libs is storing
their configuration settings all over the place or require python env.
variables.

Drop me an email an maybe I can help you by including modules you need
in next release of Portable Python. I'm already helping several
universities, maybe we can work together to create one distribution
which targets computer classes (together with tutorials,
documentation, how-to guides etc.)

keep pythoning !

Perica Zivkovic