Why is python not written in C++ ?

Grant Edwards invalid at invalid.invalid
Sun Aug 15 00:58:40 EDT 2010

On 2010-08-14, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> Paul Rubin  <no.email at nospam.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>I'm not sure what the hiring issue is.  I think anyone skilled in C++ or
>>Java can pick up Ada pretty easily.  It's mostly a subset of C++ with
>>different surface syntax.
>
> Heck, I learned Ada as a sixteen-year-old knowing only BASIC and Pascal.

Unfortunately, there just aren't that many Aahzes to hire (sixteen
years old or otherwise), and of the non-Aahz progrommers out there
it's shocking how many of them them are apparently incapable of
learning a second language.

Regardless of how easy something is to learn, management always wants
to hire people who don't have to.

--
Grant