segfault with small pyqt script

Gelonida gelonida at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 03:22:27 EDT 2010

Hi Hans-Peter,

It seems, that my other posts did not get through.

On 08/15/2010 11:17 PM, Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
> For a starter, tell us the versions of python-sip, and python-qt4 or however
> they're called in Ubuntu. For the record,
> python-sip-4.10.5-1.1
> python-qt4-4.7.4-1.1
> doesn't show this behavior.
>
> Pete

The problem seems to be known for 4.7.2.
For simple code I managed to work around the issue.
For the real more complicated I didn't. So it seems
I'll have to avoid 4.7.2.

Please see below:

On 08/13/2010 09:11 AM, Gelonida wrote:

> > This seems to be the problem.
> >

> > In my case I can workaround the issue by adding one line.
> >
> > if __name__ == "__main__":
> >     app = QApplication([])
> >     myform = MyForm()
> >     myform.show()
> >     retcode = app.exec_()
> >     myform = None # <<<< THIS IS THE WORK AROUND
> >     print "last"

For more complex multi widget examples it doesn't seem enough to just
destroy the main widget.
probably I had to recursively assign all widgets / dialogues sub widgets
to None.

So I'll just try to stay away from this pyqt release and stick with
older or newer ones.