Opposite of split

Alex van der Spek zdoor at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 16 12:44:08 EDT 2010

Perhaps the ones here who think I was trying to make you do my homework can
actually help me for real. Since I run my own company (not working for any
of the big ones) I can't afford official training in anything. So I teach
myself, help is always welcome and sought for. If that feels like doing
homework for me, so be it.

The fact is that I do try to learn Python. It can do things I thought
required much more coding. Look at the attached. It builds a concordance
table first. That was an excercise from a book on Pascal programming. In
Pascal the solution is 2 pages of code. In Python it is 8 lines. Beautiful!

Anybody catches any other ways to improve my program (attached), you are
most welcome. Help me learn, that is one of the objectives of this
newsgroup, right? Or is it all about exchanging the next to impossible
solution to the never to happen unreal world problems?

Regards,
Alex van der Spek

news:mailman.2159.1281917130.1673.python-list at python.org...