79 chars or more?

Martin Gregorie martin at address-in-sig.invalid
Tue Aug 17 10:01:42 EDT 2010

On Tue, 17 Aug 2010 13:00:51 +1000, James Mills wrote:

> Roy, under normal circumstances I would agree with you and have a
> different opinion. However being vision impaired restricts the available
> width (irregardless of the width of the monitor) of text I'm able to
> view at once.

I'm with James here because:
1) ssh terminal windows generally come up as 24 x 80
2) at 24 x 80 I can get more ssh terminal windows on the desktop with
   minimal overlap than I can do with longer/wider windows.

BTW, James, would it be a bore to add a space after the two hyphens at
the top of your sig, i.e. use "-- ", not "--"? That way most news readers
will automatically remove your sig when replying to your post.

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK