Creating a PYD file

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Thu Aug 19 16:57:52 EDT 2010

On 8/19/2010 3:41 PM, Rony wrote:

> is a PYD file created from C faster then a PYD file from Pyrex ?

Since a .pyd file from Pyrex is also from C, the question is ill-posed.
It is equivalent to "Does the C code generated by Pyrex compile to
faster or slower machine code than the C code generated by some other
person or program?". Leaving compiler variations aside, the answer
depend on the proficiency of the other source in relation to the
particular function being computed. Perhaps you already answered this...

> I know it will depend on how it is written,

depending on what you meant by 'it'. To be fair, the two code have to
have exactly the same input/output relationships, including exception
raising.

--
Terry Jan Reedy