Iterative vs. Recursive coding

Bruno Desthuilliers bruno.42.desthuilliers at websiteburo.invalid
Fri Aug 20 11:23:23 EDT 2010

Steven D'Aprano a écrit :
> On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 22:00:16 +0000, Martin Gregorie wrote:
>
>> Recursion can be quite a trick to get your mind round at first
>
> Really? Do people actually find the *concept* of recursion to be tricky?

I onced worked in a shop (Win32 desktop / accouting applications mainly)
where I was the only guy that could actually understand recursion. FWIW,
I also was the only guy around that understood "hairy" (lol) concepts
like callback functions, FSM, polymorphism, hashtables, linked lists,
ADTs, algorithm complexity etc...

Needless to say, I didn't last long !-)