Working with PDFs?

jyoung79 at kc.rr.com jyoung79 at kc.rr.com
Mon Aug 23 15:15:44 EDT 2010

> <jyoung79 at kc.rr.com> writes:

>> - Pull out text from each PDF page (to search for specific words)
>> - Combine separate pdf documents into one document
>> - Add bookmarks (with destination settings)

> PDF Shuffler is a Python app which does PDF merging and splitting very
> well. I don't think it does anything else, though, but maybe that's
> where your code comes in?

Thank you Anssi, MRAB, Terry and Geremy for your replies.  I've been
researching the apps you have recommended.  Just curious if anyone has
used pyPdf?  While testing this, it seems to work pretty well for
combining pdf files (seems to keep the annotation notes nicely also)
and pulling out the text contents.  I'm not sure I'm going to be able
to find anything that can add bookmarks though.  If you have used pyPdf,
would you mind sharing your thoughts about it?

Thanks.

Jay