Save/load like matlab?

Almar Klein almar.klein at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 16:47:54 EDT 2010

On 23 August 2010 19:37, Sang-Ho Yun <Sang-Ho.Yun at jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

> I wonder if there is a way to save and load all python variables just like
> matlab does, so I can build a code step by step by loading previous states.
>
> I am handling a python processing code for very large files and multiple
> processing steps. Each time I find a bug, I have to run the whole thing
> again, which is time consuming.
>
> Thank you,
> Sang-Ho
>
> --

A year ago or so I designed a simple file format that could do that and is
also human readable (binary data is compressed and then base64 encoded). I
use it extensively to store experiment data for my research and also for
configuration files for two open source projects that I own:
http://code.google.com/p/ssdf/

  Almar