Save/load like matlab?

Mark Leander mark.leander at topicbranch.net
Tue Aug 24 05:46:48 EDT 2010

Almar Klein <almar.klein <at> gmail.com> writes:
> A year ago or so I designed a simple file format that could do that and is also
> human readable (binary data is compressed and then base64 encoded). I use it
> extensively to store experiment data for my research and also for configuration
> files for two open source projects that I own:http://code.google.com/p/ssdf/

That looks quite nice! Thank you for sharing!

I see that at least in some case you use the generally unsafe eval() for parsing.
For instance the following will consume CPU and memory for quite a while:

>>> ssdf.loads(u'a = [0xffffffffffffffff**0xffffffffffffffff]')

Regards
Mark

http://blog.topicbranch.net/2010/08/ssdf-simple-structured-data-format.html