How far can stack [LIFO] solve do automatic garbage collection and prevent memory leak ?

John Bokma john at
Wed Aug 25 04:17:10 CEST 2010

Hugh Aguilar <hughaguilar96 at> writes:

> On Aug 24, 5:16 pm, Paul Rubin <no.em... at nospam.invalid> wrote:
>> Anyway, as someone else once said, studying a subject like CS isn't done
>> by reading.  It's done by writing out answers to problem after problem.
>> Unless you've been doing that, you haven't been studying.
> What about using what I learned to write programs that work? Does that
> count for anything?

Of course it does; but who's going to verify your program?

> If I don't have a professor to pat me on the back, will my programs
> stop working? That sounds more like magic than technology.

I am sure you know what Paul means. As for patting on the back: you must
make a hell of an effort to get that.

John Bokma                                                               j3b

Blog:    Facebook:
    Freelance Perl & Python Development: