Python Editor or IDE ActiveX control

Thomas Jollans thomas at jollybox.de
Thu Aug 26 18:22:36 EDT 2010

On Thursday 26 August 2010, it occurred to Sathish S to exclaim:
> Hi Ppl,
>
> Is there any python IDE or editor that has an ActiveX control which could
> be embed in other Windows applications. I'm basically looking to write a
> application that can show the indentations of python, change the color of
> keywords etc on a application, which will save this python script and run
> it from command prompt.

It sounds to me like you're just looking for any old halfway decent embeddable
programmer's editor that happens to have syntax definitions for Python.

I'd suggest you have a look at Scintilla. Quite a good editing control, I
don't think it comes wrapped in ActiveX or anything like that, just interface
it in your favourite language using the DLL's C API.