Queue cleanup

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Aug 27 12:16:52 EDT 2010

In article <mailman.1967.1281549328.1673.python-list at python.org>,
MRAB  <python at mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:

>An object will be available for garbage collection when nothing refers
>to it either directly or indirectly. If it's unreferenced then it will
>go away.

This isn't actually garbage collection as most people think of it.
Refcounting semantics mean that objects get reaped as soon as nothing
points at them.  OTOH, CPython does also have garbage collection to back
up refcounting so that when you have unreferenced object cycles they
don't stay around.

"...if I were on life-support, I'd rather have it run by a Gameboy than a
Windows box."  --Cliff Wells