palindrome iteration

Jussi Piitulainen jpiitula at ling.helsinki.fi
Sat Aug 28 08:29:07 EDT 2010

Arnaud Delobelle writes:

> Also, I an not aware that it is customary in python to name
> predicate functions with a "p" suffix - Python is not Lisp!

Just to clarify my position: I did not mean to imply that names like
palindromep might be customary in Python - clearly they are not - and
I am quite aware that Python is not Lisp.

My background is elsewhere, I was not paying particular attention to
the name at all, and I just could not be bothered to look up what
implications any of palindrome, palindromic, ispalindrome,
is_palindrome, isPalindrome, has_palindrome_nature, check_palindrome
and so on might have in Python.

Perhaps I should have used a neutral name like f or test or so, but it
did not occur to me at the time.