Trouble importing cx_Oracle on HPUX

Cliff Martin cliff.martin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 28 09:27:05 EDT 2010

Hi, thank you for getting back to me.

Yes, our entire toolchain is 64 bit - a mix of stuff I have downloaded and
built and some packages from HP (in the form of depot files) GCC was
downloaded from HP, for example.

I had to manually add -mlp64 to the CC and CXX lines in the Python Makefile
to get it to build 64 bit Python 3. I also had to define PATH_MAX in about 5
files, because it was not resolving it, and it was just easier to add it
than to spend more time trying to make it work. I hate HP-UX, BTW.

Python -d did not generate any additional information, and so was not
helpful (should this work?). Python -v did, however, and it came up with a
number of unresolved symbols all seeming to be from libnnz11.so. I tried
linking against all of the *.so files in ORACLE_HOME/lib, but I don't
remember trying libttsh11 specifically. I will try it again on Monday.

--

Cliff