Problem checking an existing browser cookie

Peter Otten __peter__ at web.de
Sat Aug 28 16:07:57 EDT 2010

Νίκος wrote:

> On 22 Αύγ, 10:27, Νίκος <nikos.the.gr... at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > Maybe it's because != != ==
>>
>> Iwant ti if code block to be executed only if the browsercookienames
>> visitor fetched doesnt cotnain the vbalue of 'nikos'
>>
>> Is there somethign wrong with the way i wrote it?
>
> Please do help me with this too becaus eif i dont solve this my
> website keeps count my each visit like iam a guest visitor!

In your initial post it sounded like you wanted the if-branch to execute for
a user named "nikos", but now it seems that I misunderstood you and swapping
'mycookie.value != "nikos"' for 'mycookie.value == "nikos"' won't help.
Maybe you could add a print statement like

print mycookie.value

to start with your debugging efforts.

Peter