Thomas Jollans thomas at
Sun Aug 29 21:00:56 CEST 2010

On Sunday 29 August 2010, it occurred to L to exclaim:
> has anyone successfully installed PyGeo under python 2.7 (prefer ubuntu
> 10.04) ,
> the site says
> "Note: The installation of PyGeo work's only under Python 2.4 (The
> further development of pygeo seems to be stopped)"
> is this to do with re-org of site-packages, dist_packages etc.
> any help most appreciated.

I don't know. I haven't tried. Maybe somebody else here has, but don't count
on it. Have you tried it? If not, then why not? Try it. Maybe it just works.
As far as I know, distutils haven't changed much, carefully avoiding any
changes that could break packages.

I think it's entirely possible that the web page author claiming "the
installation" doesn't work was referring only to the Windows installer.

Have fun,