Performance: sets vs dicts.

Jerry Hill malaclypse2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 10:45:57 EDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 31, 2010 at 10:09 AM, Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> wrote:
> I suggest that we should agree on these guarantees and document them in
> the core.

I can't get to the online python-dev archives from work (stupid
filter!) so I can't give you a link to the archives, but the original
thread that resulted in the creation of that wiki page was started on
March 9th, 2008 and was titled "Complexity documentation request".

At the time, opposition to formally documenting this seemed pretty
widespread, including from yourself and Guido.  You've obviously
changed your mind on the subject, so maybe it's something that would
be worth revisiting, assuming someone wants to write the doc change.

--
Jerry