Stackless Python and EVE Online

Thomas Jollans thomas at
Tue Aug 31 17:05:32 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 31 August 2010, it occurred to Roman Sokolyuk to exclaim:
> Hi,
> I am new to Python and I wanted to understand something...
> The EVE Online Client is build using Stackless Python
> So when I install the client on my machine, how doe sit get run if I do not
> have Python installed?

If this program uses Stackless, and you do not have Stackless installed
system-wide, then the program includes Stackless. This is probably not a bad
idea, since the likelihood of Stackless Python being installed is realtively

Stackless Python is not the same as Python -- as far as I know, it adds some
new features not found in the actual Python language to the "PyPy"
implementation of the language.