Iterative vs. Recursive coding

Tim Chase python.list at tim.thechases.com
Sat Aug 21 06:59:59 EDT 2010

On 08/21/10 03:31, Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 17:23:23 +0200, Bruno Desthuilliers wrote:
>> I also was the only guy around that understood "hairy" (lol) concepts
>> like callback functions, FSM,
>
> FSM? Flying Spaghetti Monster?

I'm guessing "Finite State Machines".  But in a way, "Flying
Spaghetti Monster" is also a bit "hairy" and hard to understand...

> Was there anything they *did* understand, or did they just bang on the
> keyboard at random until the code compiled? *wink*

Accompanied by coping and pasting example code from Google
results, random twiddling of the code or posting questions on
newsgroups until the code compiles...a surprisingly popular
technique. :-(

-tkc