Trouble importing cx_Oracle on HPUX

Alexander Gattin xrgtn at yandex.ru
Sat Aug 28 09:11:29 EDT 2010

Hello,

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 08:08:42PM -0700, Cliff
Martin wrote:
> I have just gotten done building Python 3.1.2 on
> HPUX 11.31 Itanium (IA64) using gcc 4.4.3, and
> have tried building cx_Oracle to go with it. The
> build succeeds, but test and importing does not.
> I have tried building Python with threads and
> without. The only exotic thing I do with the
> configure for python is to supply -mlp64, which

BTW, did you build all GNU toolchain in 64 bit
mode? I made some tries to get 64bit python etc
but stubmled over compilation errors and didn't
get enough free time to finish the effort.

> makes it a 64 bit build. Python 3 appears to
> work just fine, and cx_Oracle has worked on this
> same architecture in the past with Python 2.6.5.

did you try to start python -d and
>>> import cx_Oracle?

It may reveal that some symbols in libnnz10 aren't
resolvable. If this is the case, try linking with
bith libttsh10 and libnnz10:

.../cx_Oracle-x.y.z $ LDFLAGS="-lttsh10" python setup.py install

Alternatively, try linking against "static"
version of libclntsh10 -- libclntst10.

--
With best regards,
xrgtn