Comparison with False - something I don't understand

Harishankar v.harishankar at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 10:44:00 EST 2010

On Thu, 02 Dec 2010 15:25:55 +0000, Tim Harig wrote:

> Perhaps you should take a look at how Erlang appoaches exception
> handling. Being message passing and concurrency oriented, Erlang
> encourages ignoring error conditions within worker processes.  Errors
> instead cause the worker processes to be killed and a supervisory
> process is notified, by message, so that it can handle the error and
> respawn the worker process.  Since it doesn't use try/exept blocks,
> maybe that will be more to your liking.

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that the error vs exception debate is quite a big one in the
programming community as a whole and I don't consider myself very
knowledgeable in these issues. However, I will try to approach this with
an open mind and see whether I can work with exceptions comfortably in
Python. I do understand both sides of the issue. Exceptions seem to be
generally more reliable but I feel they add a lot of complexity
particular when a lot of code is placed in a try block.

--
Harishankar (http://harishankar.org http://lawstudentscommunity.com)