Comparison with False - something I don't understand

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Mon Dec 6 03:14:11 EST 2010

mdw at distorted.org.uk (Mark Wooding) writes:
> The most obvious improvement is resumable exceptions.

You know, I've heard the story from language designers several times
over, that they tried putting resumable exceptions into their languages
and it turned out to be a big mess, so they went to termination
exceptions that fixed the issue.  Are there any languages out there with
resumable exceptions?  Escaping to a debugger doesn't really count as
that.  I guess one way to do it would be call a coroutine to handle the
exception, and either continue or unwind after the continue returns, but
doing it in a single-threaded system just seems full of hazards.