Perceived inconsistency in py3k documentation

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Tue Dec 7 18:47:37 EST 2010

On 12/6/2010 8:00 PM, Antoine Pitrou wrote:
> On Sun, 05 Dec 2010 14:47:38 -0500
> Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:
>> On 12/5/2010 3:31 AM, Greg wrote:
>>
>> For future reference,
>>
>>> 1) At http://docs.python.org/py3k/reference/datamodel.html:
>>> 2) At http://docs.python.org/py3k/library/stdtypes.html:
>>
>> do not work because of the trailing :s, at least not with FireFox.
>
> Work fine here. The problem isn't Firefox, it is your e-mail or news
> client.
>
> Antoine.

In my case also the links don't work, because my newsreader
(Thunderbird) makes the assumption that the colons are part of the URLs.
This behavior is common enough that people need to be aware of it.

regards
 Steve
PyCon 2011 Atlanta March 9-17       http://us.pycon.org/
See Python Video!       http://python.mirocommunity.org/