Python creates "locked" temp dir

astar astar at spamcop.net
Wed Dec 8 13:05:22 EST 2010

Hi,

I recently got caught on tempfiles with respect  to
urllib.urlretrieve, which can create a tmpfile.  Ah, but the file
simply could not be found on the file system, even as root.  But
within the program that created the tmpfile, you could do useful
things with the tmpfile.  So the discussion in this thread is useful
to me in understanding the rules.  But having been given a clue by
someone else, I never did find any python library documentation that
was at all informative, even to the level of discourse in this
thread.

But here is a relevant question:  I wonder if a child process is the
*same* process as the parent for these purposes?

Thanks.

max