continuing development on modules after they're installed

hoesley hoesley at gmail.com
Fri Dec 10 11:57:49 EST 2010

I just started using distutils to install the modules I'm working on
to site-packages. Now, however, if I make changes in my development
directory, then import the modules into python, it always loads up the
installed version. Thus, I can't continue development without first
uninstalling the modules I'm working on, so that the interpreter finds
them in the local directory instead of site-packages. Is there any
simple way around this? I figure this must be a very common thing to
encounter. Thanks!