ANN: ActivePython 2.7.1.3 is now available

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridharr at activestate.com
Mon Dec 13 19:35:05 EST 2010

On 2010-12-13, at 4:21 PM, Terry Reedy wrote:

> On 12/13/2010 4:23 PM, Sridhar Ratnakumar wrote:
>
>>> The PSF 3.1 Windows installer ships with tcl/tk 8.5 and ttk support.
>
>> Maybe that was changed in 3.1.3.
>
> No, 3.1 (not sure of 3.0) has always used 8.5 on windows and included
> tkinter.ttk module.

Ok, good to know.

>> I did this for ActivePython 2.7,

>> '8.5.9'
>
> 8.5.2 here. Are there noticeable improvements?

Nothing I can think of except module updates and bug fixes[1],
http://wiki.tcl.tk/405

I don't know how dependencies are managed when building PSF installers. From my experience, updating to newer tcl/tk patchlevel releases never broke the ActivePython build.

-srid

[1] David wanted to use >=8.5.8 due to a specific bug fix, http://community.activestate.com/forum/version-859-under-mac-os-x-am-i-getting-it