New OpenOpt/FuncDesigner release 0.32

dmitrey dmitrey.kroshko at scipy.org
Wed Dec 15 10:29:50 EST 2010

Hi all,
I'm glad to inform you about new quarterly OpenOpt/FuncDesigner
release (0.32):

OpenOpt:
* New class: LCP (and related solver)
* New QP solver: qlcp
* New NLP solver: sqlcp
* New large-scale NSP (nonsmooth) solver gsubg. Currently it still
requires lots of improvements (especially for constraints - their
handling is very premature yet and often fails), but since the solver
sometimes already works better than ipopt, algencan and other
competitors it was tried with, I decided to include the one into the
release.
* Now SOCP can handle Ax <= b constraints (and bugfix for handling lb
<= x <= ub has been committed)
* Some other fixes and improvements

FuncDesigner:
* Add new function removeAttachedConstraints
* Add new oofuns min and max (their capabilities are quite restricted
yet)
* Systems of nonlinear equations: possibility to assign personal
tolerance for an equation
* Some fixes and improvements

For more details see our forum entry
http://forum.openopt.org/viewtopic.php?id=325