Extending Thunderbird mail client with Python

mixedpuppy mixedpuppy at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 12:03:49 EST 2010

On Nov 11, 11:48 pm, John Bond <li... at asd-group.com> wrote:
> Anyone have any experience with this, ideally using Python 3?
>
> I'd like to sync my Thunderbird contacts with various things including
> my mobile phone. Of course, I want to do it with Python! I've seen some
> stuff around, eg. an XPI that provides Python bindings to the Mozilla
> XPCOM APIs (through which I imagine you can access Thunderbird data like
> its contacts database), but it doesn't seem maintained or ported to
> Python 3.
>
> Cheers, JB

While this doesn't provide a solution right now...look at
https://mozillalabs.com/messaging/thunderbird-contacts/ and the highly
experimental-working-but-not-yet-right sync addon for thunderbird
(weave-ext and weaver repos) at https://bitbucket.org/mixedpuppy

The sync addon is Firefox sync for thunderbird, not an ability to sync
to your phone (yet).

however, this is all js.

shane