Re: string u'hyv\xe4' to file as 'hyvä'

gintare g.statkute at gmail.com
Mon Dec 27 00:57:30 EST 2010

Hello,
STILL do not work. WHAT to be done.

import codecs
item=u'hyv\xe4'
F=codecs.open('/opt/finnish.txt', 'w+', 'utf8')
F.writelines(item.encode('utf8'))
F.close()

In file i find 'hyv\xe4' instead of hyvä.

(Sorry for mistyping in previous letter about 'latin-1'. I was making
all possible combinations, when normal example syntax did not work,
before writting to this forum.)

regards,
gintare