Trying to parse a HUGE(1gb) xml file

Alan Meyer ameyer2 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 27 19:36:12 EST 2010

On 12/27/2010 6:21 PM, Roy Smith wrote:

> ...  In the old days, they used to say, "Nobody ever got
> fired for buying IBM".  Relational databases have pretty much gotten to
> that point....

That's _exactly_ the comparison I had in mind too.

I once worked for a company that made a pitch to a big potential client
(the BBC) and I made the mistake of telling the client that I didn't
think a relational database was the best for his particular application.
  We didn't win that contract and I never made that mistake again!

     Alan