Digitally Signing a XML Document (using SHA1+RSA or SHA1+DSA)

Adam Tauno Williams awilliam at whitemice.org
Mon Dec 27 20:06:00 EST 2010

<http://stuvel.eu/rsa>  Never used it though.

> The XML Document has values such as
> <RSASK>-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
> MIIBOgIBAAJBANWzHfF5Bppe4JKlfZDqFUpNLrwNQqguw76g/jmeO6f4i31rDLVQ
> n7sYilu65C8vN+qnEGnPB824t/A3yfMu1G0CAQMCQQCOd2lLpgRm6esMblO18WOG
> 3h8oCNcaydfUa1QmaX0apHlDFnI7UDXpYaHp2VL9gvtSJT5L3ZASMzxRPXJSvzcT
> AiEA/16jQh18BAD4q3yk1gKw19I8OuJOYAxFYX9noCEFWUMCIQDWOiYfPtxK3A1s
> AFARsDnnHTL4FbRPpiZ79vP+VgqojwIhAKo/F4Fo/VgApceobeQByzqMKCdBiZVd
> g5ZU78AWA5DXAiEAjtFuv389hz1eSAA1YSAmmhN3UA54NRlu/U9NVDlccF8CIBkc
> Z52oGxy/skwVwI5TBcB1YqXJTT47/6/hTAVMTwaA -----END RSA PRIVATE
> KEY-----</RSASK>
> <RSAPUBK>-----BEGIN PUBLIC KEY-----
> MFowDQYJKoZIhvcNAQEBBQADSQAwRgJBANWzHfF5Bppe4JKlfZDqFUpNLrwNQqgu
> w76g/jmeO6f4i31rDLVQn7sYilu65C8vN+qnEGnPB824t/A3yfMu1G0CAQM= -----END
> PUBLIC KEY-----</RSAPUBK>

Is this any kind of standard or just something someone made up?  Is
there a namespace for the document?

It seems quite odd that the document contains a *private* key.

If all you need to do is parse to document to retrieve the values that
seems straight-forward enough.