Put up or shut up (Was Re: Tkinter: The good, the bad, and the ugly!)

Owen Jacobson angrybaldguy at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 02:48:35 EST 2010

On 2010-12-30 12:36:05 -0500, rantingrick said:

> On Dec 30, 9:51 am, Kevin Walzer <k... at codebykevin.com> wrote:
>>
>> Tcl is not a domain-specific language for creating GUI's. Tcl is a
>> full-featured, general-purpose programming language that is a peer to
>> Python in its capabilities,
>
> Anybody can gloat and gush about their favorite programming language
> however what separates fantasy from reality is evidence of these
> "theories". Or rather, Illusions of grandeur!

One: it's "delusions" of grandeur.

>> and surpasses Python in some respects.
>
> The only thing that Tcl has over Python is building Tk GUI's. Please
> post evidence otherwise if you dare! In the meantime i will not be
> holding my breath.

Two: were you raised in a barn? How the hell did you get so up on
yourself that you think this is an okay way to respond to a perfectly
civil post? Abusing people's opinions and soldiering around demanding
everyone justify themselves to you is a great way to get people to
ignore whatever point you were trying to make.

>From your other posts, I gather that you have a very clear idea of what
your ideal Python GUI framework would look like. That puts you in the
best possible position to implement it. If you're successful, share it
around; if it's good, it will gain traction on its own merit. You're
not earning any traction on rhetorical grounds here.

-o