User input masks - Access Style

flebber flebber.crue at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 09:11:17 EST 2010

On Dec 28 2010, 12:21 am, Adam Tauno Williams <awill... at whitemice.org>
wrote:
> On Sun, 2010-12-26 at 20:37 -0800, flebber wrote:
> > Is there anyay to use input masks in python? Similar to the function
> > found in access where a users input is limited to a type, length and
> > format.
>
> <http://faq.pygtk.org/index.py?file=faq14.022.htp&req=show>
>
> Typically this is handled by a callback on a keypress event.

Can I get some clarification on the re module specifically on matching
string

Line 137 of the Re module

def match(pattern, string, flags=0):
    """Try to apply the pattern at the start of the string, returning
    a match object, or None if no match was found."""
    return _compile(pattern, flags).match(string)