Nagios

Adam Skutt askutt at gmail.com
Fri Dec 31 23:57:24 EST 2010

On Friday, December 31, 2010 9:56:02 PM UTC-5, Robert H wrote:
> It was forked to be written in Python, yes. The whole point (and it
> wasn't a Nagios port to Tcl) was that the Tcl community (and I like the
> Tcl community a lot) has a strange fixation with not reinventing the
> wheel, even when the wheel would be in Tcl and it might give Tcl more
> exposure. It is what it is though.
>
> --

Perhaps because they'd rather do something useful with the tool they've created instead of trying to win some sort of nonexistent popularity contest?  What value would there be in that?

Not trying to reinvent the wheel whenever feasible is both good programming and good engineering most of the time.  Unfortunately, the fact you see this as irksome only paints you in a negative light.

Adam