v = vte.Terminal() AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Terminal'

Steve steve.gnulinux at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 06:05:06 EST 2010

Hi,

I try to run a terminal emulation using Python+Gtk+Vte. Before develop
my own sources, i'm testing some examples like this ;
http://www.eurion.net/python-snippets/snippet/Embed%20a%20VTE%20terminal.html

But when i try to run, i get this message error;

    v = vte.Terminal()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'Terminal'

I'm using ubuntu 9.10 karmic. I've installed (apt-get) python-gtk, /2,
-dev, libvte...

Anyone know if there's a bug on this using karmic, or i must to
download and compile gtk/vte from sources?

thanks,

Steve,