Design Ideals Goals Python 3 - Forest for the trees

flebber flebber.crue at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 23:43:22 EST 2010

Hi

I was hoping someone could shed some (articles, links) in regards
python 3 design ideals. I was searching guido's blog which has his
overarching view of Python from an early development perspective
http://python-history.blogspot.com/2009/01/pythons-design-philosophy.html
.

I was interested in what the design goals/philosphy was of Python 3
from a birds eye view, forest for the trees approach.

i can safely assume one goal was speed improvement as in the blog he
noted "Don’t fret too much about performance--plan to optimize later
when needed." So I assume that means that Python had developed to a
point where that was needed.

But performance wouldn't be the over-arching criteria for the change.
Just curious.