Trying to parse a HUGE(1gb) xml file

Stefan Behnel stefan_ml at behnel.de
Tue Dec 28 01:27:45 EST 2010

Alan Meyer, 28.12.2010 03:18:
> By the way Stefan, please don't take any of my comments as complaints.

I don't. After all, this discussion is more about the general data format
than the specific tools.

> I use lxml more and more in my work. It's fast, functional and pretty elegant.
>
> I've written a lot of code on a lot of projects in my 35 year career but I
> don't think I've written anything anywhere near as useful to anywhere near
> as many people as lxml.
>
> Thank you very much for writing lxml and contributing it to the community.

Thanks, I'm happy to read that. You're welcome.

Note that lxml also owes a lot to Fredrik Lundh for designing ElementTree
and to Martijn Faassen for starting to reimplement it on top of libxml2
(and choosing the name :).

Stefan