recv_into(bytearray) complains about a "pinned buffer"

Andrew Dalke andrewdalke at
Mon Feb 1 02:56:32 CET 2010

On Feb 1, 1:04 am, Antoine Pitrou <solip... at> wrote:
> The problem is that socket.recv_into() in 2.6 doesn't recognize the new
> buffer API which is needed to accept bytearray objects.
> (it does in 3.1, because the old buffer API doesn't exist anymore there)

That's about what I thought it was, but I don't know if this was a
deliberate choice or accidental.

BTW, 2.7 (freshly built from version control) also has the same

> You could open an issue on the bug tracker for this.

I've done that. It's .

                dalke at