get error install MySQLdb on Mac OS X

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Mon Feb 1 15:55:17 EST 2010

In article
<2be17362-8a54-4a04-9671-0a0ff7266e33 at k2g2000pro.googlegroups.com>,
 "PS.OHM" <ps.ohms at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 29, 5:02 am, Sean DiZazzo <half.ital... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Jan 28, 12:53 pm, "PS.OHM" <ps.o... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I havegetsomeerrorwhen i install MySQLdb on Mac OS X
> >
> > > after i key command $python setup.py build

The build of MySQLdb is not finding the MySQL client database libraries.
You need to install them first and, for the python you are using, you
need a version that includes 32-bit.  The easiest options are to
download them from mysql.com or, if you are comfortable with MacPorts, I
would recommend installing them from there.

    sudo port install mysql5

In fact, with MacPorts you can install a complete Python 2.6.4, MySQLdb,
and MySQL libraries with just one command.  With the MacPorts base
installed, this should do it:

    sudo port install py26-mysql

You might need to tweak the variants of some of the packages if you want
32-bit only, etc, depending on what version of OS X you're running on.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org